- New York, 1982
- U.S. District Courts – Eastern and Southern Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 2nd and Federal Circuits
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Nassau County Bar Association, Past Chairman, Speakers’ Bureau Subcommittee; Member, Sports and Entertainment Law Committee, Intellectual Property Law Committee, Committee on Community Relations and Public Education, Computer Law Committee
- Past Member, New York Patent Law Association, U.S. Trademark Law Association, American Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section, Ripon Society of New York; Vice President for Policy, National Academy of Sciences
- Christopher Garvey was on the ballot as Libertarian Candidate for Governor of New York in 1998, for Attorney General in 2006 and for Presidential Elector in 1996, 2004, 2008 and 2012. He also was on the ballot as a Conservative candidate for the New York State Supreme Court Justice in Bronx County.
- Before becoming an attorney, he was an engineer, sailing instructor, sail maker, licensed charter boat captain, commercial artist, industrial designer, telephone installer and repairman, and medical instrument technical expert.
- Winner, New York County Lawyers Association Antitrust Moot Court Competition