New York Intellectual Property Law Firm Safeguards Clients’ Ideas, Identities and Inventions
Patent, trademark and copyright attorneys delivering results for more than 50 years
Collard & Roe, P.C. is a respected intellectual property law firm representing clients since 1966 in patent, trademark and copyright law. We serve clients in the United States and throughout the world in all aspects of intellectual property. From our historic involvement in the patenting of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) decades ago, to our current work with a global network of patent and trademark attorneys across more than 70 countries, we are uniquely qualified to handle any intellectual property issue our clients bring us.
Collard & Roe, P.C. is grounded in a history of outstanding representation that has kept pace with the swift pace of technological innovation for nearly half a century. Since 1966, we have obtained more than 10,000 patents and 17,000 trademarks for clients, and we continue to support innovation with a continuous stream of new filings. With an average of more than 20 years of experience each, our attorneys serve clients of all sizes with legal and technological skill in areas such as biotechnology, chemistry, computer programming and engineering. We have extensive experience in prosecuting new trademark, copyright and patent applications, as well as in litigating patent and trademark and copyright infringement cases. Clients can expect the following at our firm:
- Skilled representation — Attorneys at Collard & Roe, P.C. bring an average of 20 years of experience to each new case. Founder Allison C. Collard and principals Elizabeth Collard Richter and Frederick Dorchak have each earned the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, for their professionalism and reliability. Clients benefit from our unrivaled combination of legal skill and technological knowledge, in addition to the rich file of case histories we draw on to identify strategies.
- Focused knowledge — Collard & Roe, P.C. has been dedicated to the practice of intellectual property law for more than 50 years. We are respected by clients and peers for our mastery of patent, trademark and copyright law. In fact, approximately one in every 1,000 patents issued by the United States today is prepared and filed by our firm. We handle both domestic and international cases in areas as diverse as chemical processing, cellular circuitry and DNA-based technology. Our legal skills abet the innovative process by protecting clients’ rights and maximizing the value of their intellectual property.
- Distinguished reputation — The founder of Collard & Roe, P.C., Allison Collard, grounded his firm in the principles of professional excellence, fairness and integrity that our lawyers uphold today. His daughter Elizabeth Collard Richter and son William C. Collard are principals in the firm, and they are proud of the reputation associated with their family name. President Fred Dorchak is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability. A leader in the area of patent law, he has handled many high-profile patent litigation and licensing cases. We continue the tradition of offering skilled representation at reasonable rates, which we are able to do because we run our business efficiently.
- Superior client service — Clients of Collard & Roe, P.C. receive personal attention throughout their engagement with the firm. We are accessible and responsive while we focus on preparing your case. We answer questions and return calls promptly. Our staff members speak German, French, Italian and Spanish to serve international clients.
- Intellectual property — We handle prosecution and infringement cases involving patents, trademarks and copyrights for inventions, brand names, trade secrets, books, music and art
- Patent law — Collard & Roe, P.C. represents clients ranging from solo inventors to multi-national corporations in all phases of securing a patent, from filing strategy, to search, application and appeal, if necessary, as well as preparing and negotiating license agreements and representing clients in patent infringement litigation.
- Trademark law — Our trademark practice covers comprehensive services, including searching and clearing new marks, filing applications, drafting licenses and other agreements, litigating infringement cases, and more.
- Copyright law — Our attorneys file applications to register copyrightable subject matter such as art, music, poetry, computer software, books, magazines, sculpture, architectural plans and other original works of authorship. We also help resolve copyright disputes, send cease and desist letters and, where necessary, pursue or defend against litigation. We frequently negotiate, draft and enforce licenses and agreements.
Call the attorneys at Collard & Roe, P.C. at 516-365-9802 or contact us online to schedule a consultation on your patent, trademark or copyright legal matter.