Ed assists domestic and international clients in patent prosecution in a wide range of technical fields, particularly in the mechanical and chemical arts. Ed has substantial experience in assisting clients in patent enforcement and litigation.
- Before joining Collard & Roe, Ed was an associate at a major New York City Intellectual Property law firm. There he gained extensive patent discovery and trial experience as a member of the litigation team that successfully defended a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer against invalidity claims on two patents relating to one of the world's most widely-sold prescription drugs.
- Prior to practicing intellectual property law, Ed was a project engineer with a Long Island-based electronics firm and was awarded two U.S. patents for inventions relating to electronic article security devices.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Intellectual Property Society
Publications and Presentations
- Articles on intellectual property in the Nassau Lawyer, the Suffolk Lawyer and the Attorney of Nassau
- New Jersey, 2001
- New York, 2002
- U.S. District Courts – Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey, District of Colorado
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
- J.D., summa cum laude, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2001
- Member, Touro Law Review
- B.S., mechanical engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1990