Al worked as an electronic design engineer at Airborne Instruments Labs and subsequently transferred to its patent department. He later worked for a major New York patent firm serving major international corporations. He chose to establish his own firm in 1966 in New York City.
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- International Intellectual Property Society
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 2nd Circuit and Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts – Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Former Chair of the Intellectual Property Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Noted speaker on patent litigation issues for various bar associations
- Served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association
- Author of more than 250 articles on Intellectual Property law. He has been published in the “National Law Journal,” the “New York State Bar Journal,” “The Attorney of Nassau County,” “Nassau County Lawyer,” and the “Suffolk Lawyer.”
- Century Home Entertainment, Inc. v. Laser Beat, Inc., 859 F.Supp. 636, 30 U.S.P.Q.2d 1811, 1994 Copr.L.Dec. P 27,259, E.D.N.Y., March 22, 1994.
- International Data Group, Inc. v. J & R Electronics, Inc., 798 F.Supp. 135, S.D.N.Y., July 01, 1992.
- Fratelli Lozza (USA) Inc. v. Lozza (USA), 789 F.Supp. 625, S.D.N.Y., April 06, 1992.
- Thermocycle Intern., Inc. v. A.F. Hinrichsen Sales Corp., 851 F.2d 339, 7 U.S.P.Q.2d 1407, 1988-2 Trade Cases P 68,131, C.A.Fed. (N.Y.), June 30, 1988
- Iris Arc v. S.S. Sarna, Inc. 621 F.Supp. 916, 1985 Copr.L.Dec. P 25,854, 229 U.S.P.Q. 25, E.D.N.Y., October 21, 1985
- C.L.A.S.S. Promotions, Inc. v. D.S. Magazines, Inc., 753 F.2d 14, 225 U.S.P.Q. 275, C.A.2 (N.Y.), January 18, 1985
- Otto Roth & Co., Inc. v. Universal Foods Corp., 640 F.2d 1317, 209 U.S.P.Q. 40, Cust. & Pat.App., February 05, 1981