New York Intellectual Property Law Firm Safeguards Clients’ Ideas, Identities and Inventions
Long Island Patent, trademark and copyright attorneys delivering results for more than 50 years both locally and nationally
Collard & Roe, P.C. is a respected intellectual property law firm representing clients since 1966 in patent, trademark and copyright law. We serve clients in the United States and coordinate with a global network of patent and trademark attorneys across more than 70 countries in all aspects of intellectual property. From our historic involvement in the patenting of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) decades ago to our current work protecting cutting-edge technology, we are uniquely qualified to handle any intellectual property issue that arises.
Collard & Roe, P.C. is grounded in a history of outstanding representation that has kept pace with the swift pace of technological innovation for over half a century. Since 1966, we have obtained more than 21,000 patents and 21,000 trademarks for clients, and we continue to support innovation with a continuous stream of new filings. Our attorneys serve clients of all sizes with legal and technological skill in areas such as mechanics, chemistry, engineering, computer programming and biotechnology. We have extensive experience in prosecuting new patent, trademark and copyright applications, as well as in litigating patent, trademark and copyright infringement cases.
Collard & Roe, P.C., is dedicated to intellectual property law, including patent, trademark and copyright matters.
- Patent law — Collard & Roe, P.C. represents clients ranging from solo inventors to multi-national corporations in all phases of securing a patent, from filing strategy, to search, application and appeal, if necessary, as well as preparing and negotiating license agreements and representing clients in patent infringement litigation.
- Trademark law — Our trademark practice covers comprehensive services, including searching and clearing new marks, filing applications, drafting licenses and other agreements, litigating infringement cases, and more.
- Copyright law — Our attorneys file applications to register copyrightable subject matter such as art, music, poetry, computer software, books, magazines, sculpture, architectural plans and other original works of authorship. We also help resolve copyright disputes, send cease and desist letters and, where necessary, pursue or defend against litigation. We frequently negotiate, draft and enforce licenses and agreements.
Clients can expect the following at our firm:
- Skilled representation attorneys at Collard & Roe, P.C. bring an average of 20 years of experience to each new case. Founder Allison C. Collard and principals Elizabeth Collard Richter and Frederick Dorchak have each earned the AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, for their professionalism and reliability.
- Focused knowledge — Collard & Roe, P.C. has been dedicated to the practice of intellectual property law for more than 50 years. We are respected by clients and peers for our mastery of patent, trademark and copyright law. We handle both domestic and international cases in areas as diverse as chemical processing, cellular circuitry and DNA-based technology. Our legal skills help protect clients’ rights and maxime the value of their intellectual property.
- Distinguished reputation — The founder of Collard & Roe, P.C., Allison Collard, grounded his firm in the principles of professional excellence, fairness and integrity that our lawyers uphold today. His daughter Elizabeth Collard Richter and son William C. Collard are principals in the firm, and they are proud of the reputation associated with their family name. President Fred Dorchak is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability. A leader in the area of patent law, Fred Dorchak has handled many high-profile patent litigation and licensing cases. We continue the tradition of offering skilled representation at reasonable rates, which we are able to do because we run our business efficiently.
- Superior client service — Clients of Collard & Roe, P.C. receive personal attention throughout their engagement with the firm. We are accessible and responsive while we focus on the prosecution and maintenance of your intellectual property. We answer questions and return calls promptly. Our staff members of our staff are fluent in German, Italian, French, Russian, and Spanish to serve international clients.
Call the attorneys at Collard & Roe, P.C. at 516-365-9802 or contact us online to schedule a consultation on your patent, trademark or copyright legal matter.